- Christmas is Jesus' Birthday
- Jesus' parents are Mary and Joseph
- Mary and Joseph had to stay in a stable with the animals.
- Jesus' crib was a manger.
- A Manger is a feed box for the animals
- Angels told the shepherds that Jesus was born.
- The wise men saw a bright star in the sky.
- They followed it and found Jesus.
- They brought him gifts
Monday, December 20, 2010
This month we've been learning about the First Christmas. We learned :
Today we read the story "What Star is This?" by Joseph Slate. It is about a comet that grows and becomes the star that lead the Wise Men to Jesus.
We decided to be Wise Men. Each child chose something to take as a gift to Jesus. The children chose a book, a baby, a dish, a blanket, a wrench, and a jingle bell. We have a Nativity set outside our front door so we put on our coats and headed out the back door to make our journey to find Jesus.
When we arrived at the front steps Baby Jesus was gone!!!
There was a sign on the door which the children, of course, assumed was a mission note. They donned their Super Hero capes and off we went to find Baby Jesus.
I'm sure the neighbors could hear the children calling "Baby Jesus, where are you?" as we walked through the neighborhood.
The patches of ice were fascinating to our Super Heroes but they kept moving along. As we made our way back to the Preschool, we found Baby Jesus back by the garage.
We returned Baby Jesus to Mary and Joseph and gave him our gifts.
Happy Birthday Jesus!!
Posted by ll at 6:49 PM